Sunday, April 12, 2009

Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

Elliptical Mileage: 9.5 miles
MP3 Player: Anything Goes (1989 Australian Cast w/ Geraldine Turner)


Okay, this is what I see in the mirror after I find excuses not to do the elliptical for 5 straight weekdays!

I don't know why I have a problem with this concept, it's pretty simple: if I do the elliptical several times/week, I maintain or lose weight. If I don't, then bad things happen! Thus we can see yet again the age-old difference between human Knowledge and human Will. Knowing what you need to do doesn't always mean that you'll do it. Why is that?!

Of course, if I could answer that question, I'd be a philosopher or a psychologist, not a literary critic!

On the plus side, I did do the elliptical twice this weekend rather than just continuing my indolent streak. And posting Friday's weight, rather than pretending I forgot to do the April 10th weigh-in, also took a bit of willpower. That's much harder than posting a new lower number.

Oh, and Geraldine Turner is an amazing Reno Sweeney in Anything Goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment